semi-daily musings from a sentimental fool.

now, focus.


Friday, September 6, 2024

Hello, yeah, it's been a while...

 ...a decade, to be exact.

A LOT has happened in those ten years. So much so, that, just like a really good basketball game, the most recent events are the only ones that matter. 

For those of you with whom I'm connected on social media, you know the details. For the rest of you, it's not that important, really. The Spark Notes version (Cliff Notes for you Gen Xers) is that I've since moved to Tacoma, WA. I've taken a job as Director of Audience Engagement (exhibitions, public programs, and education) at the Washington State Historical Society. Our kids are now out of the nest, doing their own things. And I now carry the burden of a chronic cancer diagnosis that I am, luckily and currently, managing via the science of modern medicine/chemo after a gnarly bout of induction chemo and subsequent bone marrow transplant. So, yes, I've had a busy ten years.

As a result, I find myself in a much different place when I started this blog. At the same time, I seemed to put a lot of my thoughts and observations on social media. I am now thinking that I'd like to pull away from that. I enjoy the immediacy but it's that same directness that kind of drags me down. I don't really write with any true intention. 

So, you find me here. Ready to talk about museums, exhibitions, design, architecture, and generally how I now see the world as a result of all that has transpired since I last logged in. 

See you here later!

Hello, yeah, it's been a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment